Tuesday 1 March 2011

Untooning

Ok, so I was perusing the informatical (its a word) void that is the internet the other day (more like 2 and a half years ago actually) and I came across this blog. Its by some guy called 'Pixeloo' who is a photoshop pro. There's all sorts of cool bits of artwork on there, but his most famous pieces are his 'untoons', whereby he takes a picture of a famous cartoon or game character and basically turns them from this:



into this:
It's pretty darn nifty i think you'll agree. Anyway, the point of this post, is that this inspired me to try it out for myself. With The Simpsons and Family Guy already covered in his blog, and due to a personal obsession, I decided to give it a go with Hank Hill from King of the Hill, I tell yuh what.

I started with this:

And after a week or so of working on it, on and off, I ended up with this.
Huhuhuhuh....Propane
It's a little rough round the edges, but overall i'm pretty pleased with it as i think it does look slightly human, whilst also still looking like Arlen's own propane salesman of the year.

One conclusion i have drawn from this, and Pixeloo's ones, is that cartoon characters have REALLY stare-y eyes, but you just don't notice it until they're human. 

No comments:

Post a Comment